Jack's drum teacher is pushing him now. He wants to see how far, how fast he can go. He is working on paradiddles, flam taps, double bass with 1 foot, and 5 and 9 stroke buzzing. This vid is his last weeks lesson on mixing times. It goes 1 and a, 2 and a, 3 e and, 4 and a, 1 and a, 2 and, 3 e and a, 4 e and a, 1 rest rest rest. He can read tabs, but he memorized this one after a little practice. Timing will come on everything, the main thing now, is that all his limbs get their own brain.
Here is a tone sample of the new ax for those who asked. I know I suck, but you get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJLKF2-ns0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
holy awesome of sweetness...your solo ROCKED! and i expect jack to be playing right along w/ u for the next post ;)
Family of rock stars!
Rock on Holloway men! Loved it. It's a little sweet to see you rocking out with a baby jumper right next to you, Trav!
dad says you both are awsome,incredibly talented musicians.i thoroughly enjoyed the videos.keep them comming.we want to see some more of grace's displays of her talent.
From Grammy--Drumming, wow how do you learn that stuff so fast, sounds great Jack! That rebel playing likewise amazing, I like your stuff, and I'm nor really into that hard of rock.
We gotta get you a stage!!!!!
You make that guitar sound incredible. Are you in possession of the "pick of destiny"? I think so!!!
Jack is impressive. His coordination amazes me. Did you know Aunt Videt and Uncle David changed the name of their band, they are a trio. They have a 10 year old girl drummer with them now.
-Nikki, Jack is learning triplets now, with the drums and toms. We will be playing 13 steps together very soon.
-Stacy, the funny thing is, Luke was just out of the camera in his high chair. If you notice, Im mostly watching him, waiting for him to start yelling at me to get him out. I could only do a couple of takes on the song, due to his patience.
-Mom. Ive gotten that reaction out of people a few times with music. Thats why the stuff I write will be able to cross over to many audiences. Its all about tapping into the soul. That was a Pantera song btw. Dimebag is my main influence on guitar. Jack is learning very fast for his age. He gets it without thinking about it. He just does it.
-Chani, Im buying PA equipment next. I'll be talking to Billy soon about what to get. Then it will be time to put the band together.
Post a Comment