The UPS man brought daddy a present. Jack was very excited. Not as much as Daddy, though.

Whats in the box?

It's a Dean Dime Dixie Rebel!

It says it right there on the neck! The flag is battleworn, if you look close.

I shall call him J.R. (Johnny reb). This one was designed by Dimebag, himself.

Luke shows his approval, with the tugging of the cord.

I know what you're saying, mom. "Why does he need another guitar, isn't 1 enough?" Nay, verily I say unto you, Floyd rose is tricky to tune, it takes a long time to go from standard e, all strings dropped down one whole step to drop d, all strings tuned down one whole step. Long story short, Im stuck playing either one half of the set, or the other. Thats why, if you notice at concerts, they change guitars at least once during a set. If you break a string, you need a backup. Thats 4 guitars! Then you have odd tuned songs, requiring at least another axe, plus its backup. Guitarist's never stop looking for the next guitar. Its like the mechanic looking for the right tool for the job. This one is very sweet. It has a fat, and deep neck. unplugged, I can hold a note for over a minute. Plugged in, I can hold a note until I pass out. The tone is very sweet, he is capable, and sounds very good clean. I can go from blues, to country, to metal. Needless to say, I won't be getting an allowance for a couple of months, as I have to pay Raegan back. Ask me if I care )
5 comments:
Somebody is spoiled. I want that guitar when you tire of it. And by the way ask me why I have so many brushes. Paw Paw says, cool gee tar. Glad you are passionate about your music. Better get your running skills sharpened, Luke is gaining speed.
Well hello there J.R. Looking good! You'll have to do some video of you playing it so we can see if it sounds as good as it looks.
No more whistling Dixie out you a$%. Yeah!!! It's fun being an adult cuz you get cool stuff not just on birthday's and Christmas. So what if you miss allowance a couple of times, WORTH IT!!!! Great photo's, do need video once you get accustomed with J.R.
Wow. That's a sweet looking gee tar. I feel so boring because my "toys" are things like nice furniture for the house. Right now I'm looking for a sleeper sofa that won't have a bar sticking through your back. I know, I'm so edgy.
Now you can put your hurricane tat to work, right?
should've used fedex.
i watched some previous stuff that i've missed lately, awesome posts! ur kids r soooo smart and talented. and when i watched the post of luke saying "dada" taryn joined in! lol
Post a Comment