Saturday, May 30, 2009

requested


They are both progressing very well. Luke started swimming lessons this morning. I am very proud of him, and his parents. You want to know how you are doing parenting, bring your kids to swim class for the first time. Its 99pct about control, 1pct about the water. His teacher reminds both Raegan and I of Col. Ingram. He is a crusty old vet. who holds nothing back when teaching people how its supposed to be. Luke was the only kid that didnt cry. Its me and him taking the lesson together. First, we poured water over their heads, then did a couple of floatie things, then back float, then dunking, and splashing. At the end of the lesson, the man took Luke from me, went a few feet away, stuck his face in the water and pushed. Luke swam to me, and came up clapping, very proud. He was used as the example of what the kids would be able to do over the next few weeks (on day 1!!!) After we left, we stopped for something to eat. His diaper was FULL. He apparently had plenty of pool water to drink. I'll get some video of it next week. I didnt know we could take pictures. Grace and Jack start their lessons on the 8th. They all had fun watching Luke, and are excited about doing it too. In other news, we joined the YMCA. cause its fun to stay at, apparently. You can do whatever you feel! We are excited. they have 5 of them in our area, and we can go to them all. I'll be bringing the kids in the mornings, working out, and playing. Then me and Raegan will go back in the evenings for classes on weekdays.

6 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

I'm so proud of you two! That was excellent piano playing! You are going to be pros in NO time.

Can't wait to see video of little Luke the fish!
The YMCA sounds like an excellent idea for the whole family. That'll be cool.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

You 2 are really practicing, I can tell. I have a big box of music books in Idaho that Travis and sisters used to play from, I'll send you some of them when we get back to Twin Falls, then you can play songs they used to play. We will be in the airplane most of the day tomorrow, that and the airports. Having fun at the Hutchinsons.

The Suckows said...

WOW! you're both learning so fast, not that i expected anything else...
how's jack doing on the drums?
i've been wanting to get taryn in swimming classes too, but our schedules are too random...mostly my schedule.
love y'all, miss y'all.

Travis said...

Jack is doing good on the drums. His teacher has been busy doing competitions for the past 3 weeks, so he has only been working on the same thing, but he is getting better. His thing right now is using 1 bass pedal, making double bass moves. Its really cool. he will next learn the hihat with the other foot, so he can free his hands up to go to wailing. The kids are allways excited to share their music with you all.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Keep sharing, we love it! Impressive finale, Grace. The YMCA will be great for the summer! You can work out, then play at the pool. I looked into that infant swimming class, but it's EXPENSIVE. I know it's worth it, so I'm glad you're doing it for Luke. Miss you guys. Having the 'rents here made me miss our whole family more :(

PawPaw & Grammy said...

We visit the blog and replay the videos. Grace, now that song could become a favorite, I wonder about the ending, that was your own finish right, bet you do it on alot of songs. Luke the fish, col sounded mean but if the kid is thriving go for it. I probably would have got in his face when he dunked him!!! Does col call you Travee? I miss the Ingrams and Vliets. Gotta send Megahann a wedding gift. Maybe we will drop in on them on the way to Chanis.