Monday, June 15, 2009

busy!

We finished up swimming lessons for Jack and Grace. I tried to get video, but it kept fogging up on me, and I had Luke squirming, so I gave up after a few attempts. They did really good, they both got to the deep end, jumping off the diving board, and swimming to the side. They can hold their breath underwater, and float, so we are getting closer to safety. There is one more beginner class, where they learn the basics of breathing while swimming. All of the classes are full, so they will have to wait. After that class, I'll take over, teaching them the different strokes, treading water, etc. Ive taught a million scouts how to swim, but never beginner swimming, so this is a good start for them. Luke is still doing good in his class. He almost jumps in the water and swims to me, he is still a little hesitant, but he has 2 more lessons to get it down.

Grace's art teacher from school started a 1 on 1 class with Grace today. We will add Jack to the lesson next week, and have her over to the house for most of the lessons. She is only charging $10/ hr. which is ridiculously cheap, especially having someone that Grace knows, and that knows Grace. Her and Jack are very excited. They will be doing paper mache next week, and we will go wherever Grace wants to take it. I hope to get her into oils before school starts. We will move lessons to different places, based on medium. Im excited for them, too.

So, every morning, we get up and go to the gym. On monday, they have art, tuesday is piano, wed is drums, then in the evening, we go back to the gym with Raegan for yoga/cardio/pilates. Last week, add swimming lessons between everything, and it all adds up to ...... this will be a packed summer. I'll post some pics later, we have new video of piano, baby standing and walking, etc. Oh ya, Luke is starting to walk.

4 comments:

amiee said...

So I put Jase into a parent/child swim class. We started today. He's almost 20 months and he was SCARED out of his mind. He was wrapped around my neck like a monkey. They had us do a few different things in the water (like try to float, kick, etc) of which NONE he would really do. THEN they had me dunk him quickly and he WIGGED OUT. I noticed in your video when you dunked Luke, you sort of did it like a "dive." they had us do it as if you just pushed them under from a standing position (not sure how to explain it) but of course water went up his nose. I'm not sure if he will get better as the classes continue, or worse. Dang it, I'm so sad bc I thought he would love it. The other crappy thing is that he is the YOUNGEST in the class--so the teacher mostly catered to the 2-3 yr olds (who did great, of course). Well, I will stick with it and hopefully he'll get more and more comfy with the pool! :)

Dixie & Markus said...

That is an insane summer schedule! I think it's so great that the kids are staying physically and mentally active through the summer months. Can't wait to see some of their art projects! And what in the???? Luke is walking???

Hang in there amiee!! He'll catch on soon.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Ayden just finished his last day of swimming lessons today. They're doing a "show" tomorrow so we can see what he learned. I'll get some video for sure! We've learned the hard way that Ayden needs things to do during the summer. We're looking into different camps for him. It looks like you guys have the summer all mapped out! You tell Luke to sit back down and give his parents a few more months!!

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Well quess you are too busy to work in a visit from Grammie and Pawpaw, it won't anytime soon so calm down. Glad the kids are getting the swimming know hows, and excited that art classes are going on. Acrylic is not as toxic and quicker than oils, I think better for kids, but go with what the Art Teacher is doing.