Monday, July 26, 2010

Grace is very proud of this one. Our cucumbers are only supposed to be 4-5 inch picklers. Sometimes they balloon up in the beginning. I let those get big. This is the biggest yet. Grace eats cucumbers every day with lemon pepper for lunch. She sure does love cucumbers. 2 more posts to follow.

They sell raincatchers for like 80 bucks at a few places. We made 2 for 30bucks. This one is getting painted. We put 3 Koi in it to eat the mosquitoes. The kids each have one. They all 3 love feeding them. Fish are so much easier than other pets. They love when it rains. They all 3 get in front of the gutter and swim in the current.

4 comments:

chani and billy said...

That is the biggest cucumber I've ever seen. I love that Grace eats cucumbers with lemon pepper for lunch every day, I think I may copy off of her, that sounds so healthy and yummy. Thanks for the idea.
That rain catcher is brilliant!! I love koi. Funny about them swimming against the current, kinda like salmon. What do you feed them?

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Holy cucumber, Batman! I have something good for Grace to try. Mix some cream cheese with finely chopped mint leaves, spread it on some bread, slice your cucumbers and enjoy your cucumber sandwich! Love the rain catcher too. So "green" of you.

Dixie said...

What are you fertilizing with? Lemon pepper and cucumber actually sounds really good to me right now.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Great rain catcher idea and the koi in them, fun. The grace sandwich sounds so refreshing expecially on a hot summer day. Have to try it and Stacy's too. Yum