I had a biophysical profile (an ultrasound and non-stress test) done at the high risk clinic on Tuesday, to see how my amniotic fluid levels were and to see what the doctors there would recommend, as far as when they thought I should have the baby. (The high risk clinic, ROCK, is where I go for my diabetic counseling appointments and they've done some of my ultrasounds.)
Anyway, the good news is that the fluid levels were fine. However, due to the changes I've been having to make with my insulin, the doctor suggested that if the baby was ready, that I should have him this week (at 36 weeks), so I needed to have an amnio to check for fetal lung maturity. Amnios are not exactly fun (I've never had to have one before), since they involve a big, long needle being inserted into your stomach so that some amniotic fluid can be removed. Since I've become a human pin cushion (they have me injecting my insulin into my tummy and I'm doing that 4 times a day right now), I'm much less needle adverse than I used to be, so it wasn't awful. Or it wouldn't have been, if not for baby Holloway. Like Jack was, this baby can be very, very active and he especially likes to move around during ultrasounds and NSTs. So in the middle of the amnio, the baby decided to move and stuck his knee right in the way of the needle and we had to wait for him to move out of the way before they could finish. That was not pleasant.
Anyway, the fetal lung maturity tests came back saying that the lungs were not yet mature enough (not uncommon with the diabetes and boys' lungs tend to mature slower than girls), so they've recommended that I have the baby at 38 weeks. We have scheduled the induction for July 30, so if I don't go into labor before then, I'll have the baby then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pin cushion Raegan, poor thing, won't be long now. Everytime the phone rings and travs' name comes up, my heart races, is this the big call we are waiting for??? Hope you can make it to the 30th, I'm sure that seems so far away to you. We love you.
Memories---Well you were always in love with the outdoors. On David Dr. you and I would go for walks, you were 2nd grade, and the farther we got from the house into the woods you would talk faster and louder, so excited!! We probably had ol' Flo with us and we would pick and eat blueberries. You loved Flo so much and spent so mcuh time with her litters of puppies, always so caring. I couldn't get enough of you kids singing your hearts out in those musicals you were so talented in. I still have a newpaper clipping of you singing with the group, all I can see is your big mouth. I was proud of you as a counselor at boys camp, and the little scouts looked up to you with your long hair, even called you Jesus!! You will always be my favorite son!!
uhm, so...any pictures of the big fat needle sticking out of your preggo belly?
That's coming up very sooon! My husband's birthday is on July 31st. So, this birthday will be easy for ol' Aunt Dixie to remember! I can't wait!! I bet you can't either!!
Memory of Raegan: I remember when I was younger and you and Travis were still in High School, I remember seeing you in your Wavettes uniform and thinking, WOW, Raegan is gorgeous!! I remember the time you spent with us in Idaho, I think it was just you and Grace. You motivated me to read more books!! Love you Raegan!
Post a Comment