I went to the OB today and saw the Nurse Practioner. Travis wanted me to post the update since he always forgets most of what happened. My weight is still the same -- meaning I haven't gained any weight at all during the entire pregnancy. However, the baby is gaining just fine. We've been having growth scans done about every two weeks to check his weight and two weeks ago he was about 6 lbs. 2 oz. and today he weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. (The tech said the scans are usually within half a pound of the actual weight.) He's measuring about 2 weeks ahead, which doesn't really surprise anyone. I'm still 3 cm dilated, so the modified bed rest is doing its job. The only new thing that has come up is that the measurements for the amniotic fluid are increasing, which isn't unusual in diabetic pregnancies, but it means I'll talk to the doctor who will actually deliver the baby on Friday to discuss when we might want to schedule an induction. The NP said she thinks maybe we should schedule it around 37 weeks, which is about 2 weeks from now. We'll know more on Friday and keep everyone posted.
As an aside, since I'm posting and everything, let me just mention how awesome Travis has been. Since we've been in Knoxville, he's done all of the cooking and cleaning anyway, but now, even with me at home every day, he's still doing everything around the house, plus all the extra stuff I ask him to do (which is mostly cooking for me, since I have to eat real meals for breakfast and lunch). I would definitely have had this baby already if I had to do any of the stuff he does. He's been really great. (And when he's not doing the stuff around the house, he's practicing the guitar. Constantly. All of the time. Which is great for him, but it sometimes gives me a headache, like when he sits next to me when I'm watching TV and starts playing the acoustic. He might be taking it a bit far, though -- this morning when he stopped playing, the guitar strings were bloody and had some skin on them.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey brag about no weight gain during a prenancy!!! How rare is that??? You are going to be so thin. This little Lorne is a red head right, Mama Holloway and I would like that.
I cant spel.
My oh my! You and Travis make a great team. I'm so excited for you to have #3. Can't wait to see the little Holloway fam in October! Glad to hear your doing okay considering all the circumstances. Love ya!
Thanks for the detailed update. That helps me not wonder so much. I can't wait to meet Luke (right?). I can't believe he'll be here in two weeks! When I'm not the one pregnant, it goes by so fast!! That's awesome that you haven't gained any weight. Good job sticking with such a hard diet (credit goes to Travis for that too;) Of course, you had huge motivation- keeping the baby cooking as long as possible. He'll be such a sweet reward for all of your hard work. Take it easy on your fingers, Trav! That's a nasty visual.
helluva lot of passion in them fingers! i wish i would've lost weight while preggo. not fair.
Post a Comment