After 3 months of saving my beer money, I was going to buy a new guitar, but I found a couple of sweet deals that I couldnt pass up. This speaker cabinet has 4 x 12 inch celestion vintage 30 watt speakers. If you know cabinets, you know these are the speakers to get. All the greats use them, including the late, great Dimebag Darrell Abbot. May he rest in peace. This one is custom made, Randall only made them for 1 store in the US, with the urban camo. I lucked up finding this, especially at the price I got it for, about 1/5 retail.
This is the head that Dime used on his first 2 albums with Pantera, the exact model. It has monster distortion, and is very loud. Im very close to matching Dime's tone, with his signature guitar, the cabinet, and this head. Im only lacking a coupleof effects, but I can wait. They dont make these heads, havent since the 80's. His mxr flanger/doubler, furman pq3, along with an mxr 6band eq, and I'll be there. They dont make the flanger, or the pq3 anymore, so Im gonna bide my time and find a good deal on them in a pawn shop, or ebay. They usually go for $200-$300, so Im gonna see if I can hold out for $50.I tried my best to get some video of the rig, but the camera keeps failing to record. This is the only shot that doesnt cut out after a second. something about management file being corrupt. Its pretty frustrating, I just hope the camera isnt dying.
10 comments:
I want more! I was sad when the video was over. Rock on my brotha!!
You speak a language I don't know but music wise WOW!!!! Live your dream my son, happiness will follow. Don't break no sound barrier you might lose favor with the neighbors. I can still see in my mind the day you walked into the living room and layed your eyes on the ol' speaker we got you, you fell to your knees from shocked surprise.
I remember when you fell to the floor when you got your first amp too!! It makes me happy to see you jammin' out again. You've got some sweeeeeet equipment! You just made me miss my PA system very badly! We really should have a family band. Keep rockin' my bro-deo!
Box Charlotte, he is amazing, gooo rodent!!
Seriously, what a bad ace Hamster! With all his masculine qualities it's funny that you still call him Charlotte. He should be Char-face or something more hard like that. He has ONE EYE!! Ha ha ha! We should see if he can handle a play day with Uncle Leonard.
How about "One Eyed Charlie" and he could get a cute little eye patch and pirate outfit.
We should totally have a family band. With all of our different styles, EVERYONE would like us.
Ya, he is a cool little rat. He lives in a big cage, built for a few, he has it all to himself. He knows my voice, and wakes up when I come in the room, and looks around for me. He has a tough time seeing, but he can smell his way to his food. I wouldnt mind doing a familly band, it would be kinda hard to practice as much as needed though. I'll put another vid up, or maybe do a youtube with a link later.
yeah, a band with two guitar players and fourty-eight singers...sounds awesome. poor charlotte! he is not what most kids want in a hamster. i hope he has a good couple more years! great playin', but fix your effin' camera bro!
p.s. love the staredown
Haha, the staredown was because the camera gave me that message again for the eightieth time. I got sick of trying and just posted it.
Post a Comment