Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dont cry over me!

I promised Dixie, on her blog, that Id make a vid on tearless onions. Here it is. It takes practice to keep from feeling anything at all, but you will notice a big difference the first time, guaranteed.

5 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Thankyou dear brother for showing me the correct way to chop an onion. Fo real doh, Not only will it prevent tears but it makes the chopping a lot less messy. You're a genius! Thanks brodeo!
I'm going to try this out. I'll get back to you with the results.

The Suckows said...

meat cleavers aren't meant for chopping les onion, trav! but that one seemed to do just perfect. and i want one. it's my weapon of choice. ;)

Travis said...

thats a butcher knife. Its the best one Ive ever had. It's serrated, and curved, so you can rock back n forth. It has a point on it like a regular butcher knife too, so you can lead in. I guess its more of a hybrid than just a butcher knife. Like a cleaver/butcher/steak. I love it

Travis said...

np dixie. I learned veggies from the best Chef in La. He liked me cause I was so cute, so he taught me all the tricks. Keep the recipes coming. Its so cool that you have so many influences there.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

I'm stealing that knife next time we are in Knoxville. I loved the french onion soup that was at that place where you worked, haven't had any that good ever since. Hope you have that recipe, I remember it had lots of cream in it. I cut the onion in half the other way, spliting the root part in half, hard to explain, then dicing as you did, no tears. I'll show you in October.