Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School

Just a quick update on the kids.

Grace is doing good this year. She did a presentation of her favorite things in front of the class on her first week. She is talking to everybody, and doing all of her work. This teacher has it easy. She got the scoop on Grace before they started, but I think this year will prove to be a different story for her. The only thing the same is, she will not walk into the school on her own yet. They have spoiled her. I talk to her every morning, telling her that she needs to walk in by herself, and it never fails, someone is there waiting to escort her. Im thinking when her and Jack are both going in together, she will follow him in, to make sure he goes to the right place.

Jack went one day last week, and will go this thursday. They do the kids in shifts for the first 2 weeks, then next week, they will all start going every day. His first day was a good one. 3 different teachers came up to the truck after school to tell me how sweet he was. Apparently, one of his classmates had a bad day, and Jack coached him through the whole process. He is so compassionate. His teacher is very excited about him. She is a good one. The type that could have retired long ago, but just loves the kids.

Its really cool having 2 of them going to school. They keep teasing me, though with this one day here, one day there with Jack. I cant wait for both kids to be in school, and Raegan to go back to work. It sounds mean, but its not meant like that.. Its so much easier to do stuff around the house when its quiet, or there are less distractions. It will be nice to be able to get on, and stay on top of things. Just me and Luke here will be cool. At the same time, I know I'll miss them all.

6 comments:

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Raegan and you and Luke at home, another chapter in your life, our lifes, love my family so much.

The Suckows said...

so, four more years and it'll just be you all day...what are you gonna do trav? you can only clean so much before there isn't anything dirty left...and renovations on the house AREN'T never-ending.

Travis said...

I play guitar all day long. No reason to stop then eh? My future is music, and I do everything I can every day to move in that direction. Btw, the day after I posted this, Raegan's work called. The girl who they hired to fill in while she was gone has quit, so she will be going back on the 2nd now. She is really nervous about leaving the baby that soon. Both kids before, she was the one at home. But he will take a bottle from me, and a pacifier. He calms down for me when I talk to him, so I think we will be fine, as long as I dont do something like lose him. I usually put him to sleep, then play guitar, and he sleeps for hours, listening.

Dixie & Markus said...

You've got some pretty awesome kids. I'm sure Grace will start walking in on her own before you know it. At least she doesn't pee on herself or fake asthma attacks just so she can go home. (that's what I did for the first couple years of school)
Glad to here you're being active with your MuZaK! I'm excited for you.And that sucks that Raegan has to go back to work so soon!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I can fully understand how that feels for Raegan. You know you won't lose Luke anywhere. You'll be checking on him every 2 minutes to make sure he's breathing! I'm happy to hear that Grace and Jack are both doing well with school. Ayden had his first day of walking to class without me on Friday. He resisted a little, but I told the teacher on duty that he was in Miss Vickers's class, and she took his hand and walked off. He did fine once we released his vice grip on me. This school thing is pretty fun, but I have been a basket case. I almost called you the other day, to see how you were doing, because I was crying ALL MORNING after dropping Ayden off. He's not the only one who needs adjustment to this new schedule. Ayden and I are both tired and emotional. Poor Josh has been putting up with a lot. Ian's just going with the flow as usual.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Ian is so Chuck, Stacy is so Lorna. That first day Chani went to school, I saw all her years up to that point with me, and I thought what have I taught her, this came to soon, wait world slow down I need to be with her more what if I am not home and she needs me at school, no cell phones in those days you know. It actually took me a while to go away from the house for fear she would need me and call while I was away. Then Travis was crying to go to school with her and he was soooo ready. We didn't have many TV channels back in those days so he would watch Sesame Street 3 times a day while Chani was away, only half days then. (This was all happening on Rose Ranch in Snowville). I thought, what a corny show and all the dumb music, but the music was good and the things they taught were good too, I just was a new Mom and had to adjust. That is life tho, adjusting then adjusting again then again. Then I cried when Dixie had such a hard time when I left her crying at the class room door she was trying to get past the teacher and come home with me and Nikki. I thought, she is number 4 why I am such a cry baby, I have done this before? Then Nikki started having stomach trouble one early year, not like her, found out from Lori Vliet that Nikki's teacher was a cold hearted woman. I saw to it she got the best teacher the next year, Miss Giddon, yeah.