Monday, August 25, 2008

33! (Part 2)

Happy Birthday, Travis!

Now it's his turn for a birthday, so I thought I'd post a little something in honor of my wonderful husband. We've had quite the month, what with the baby, 2 birthdays, and the kids starting school. (Thank goodness, today is Jack's first full day of school and he'll start going everyday now!) And now, we only have this one last week before I start back at work and Travis will be home by himself with the baby, and then Jack, and then Grace. I know he'll do fine though, since he really is an awesome stay-at-home Dad. I may not do as well -- I've been really spoiled by being home with the family for the last (almost) 2 months and I'll miss not being around all day. Travis, I know, can't wait -- he's anxious to be able to play guitar when and wherever he wants without my interrupting him or asking him to turn it down or my wanting to watch TV without his guitar playing medley as background music (the medley is pretty awesome and he plays it awesomely. I don't know all the songs in his practice medley, but I do recognize the Metallica parts, which include One, Fade to Black, and Master of Puppets. I'm pretty sure there's Pantera in there, but I'm not familiar enough with their playlist to recognize those. And I think there's an original composition somewhere in there too.)

So Happy Birthday Travis! The best husband, friend, dad, kick-ass guitar player in the world. And who -- as of this weekend -- has conquered the Floyd Rose guitar.

4 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

HAP..........PY Birthday! Remember that Loony Toons cartoon with the drunk dog? You were really good at impersonating him. I think he was trying to kill a flea, and drank the hair tonic after pouring it all over himself. Anyway, lots of love to ya. Enjoy your day today! I'm counting the days until our reunion. We need to talk specifics pretty soon.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Happy Birthday my most favoritess son on the planet. You are a lucky man to have a wife like Raegan as your soul mate. Loved the post Raegan.

The Suckows said...

happy happy b-day is my wish for you, and if it's not too happy it's cause lukesteve took a poo!!

Dixie & Markus said...

Happy birthday dude! Great post Raegan:)
What kind of cake did you get for your birthday? Did Jack make an egg banana milk cake?
I hope you enjoy this day of celebration and live on for many many years to come!
Love you