Monday, July 28, 2008

The crazy express rolls on

I know, I know. I should have figured out how to turn the picture. So we had 5 trees removed from around the house to keep this from happening. I cant even find the tree that limb fell out of. The storm came up very fast, and all the trees outside were bending in half from the wind, so it could have come from a block away, even though it was pretty big, and heavy. It took out the gutter, and part of the roof. Me and Grace were in hte kitchen, the window you see there, and watched it almost land on our heads haha. It was exciting. It missed us by 3 or 4 feet, missed the new Heat pump by a foot or less, and missed the new doghouse by 2 or 3 feet. We were lucky. Our insurance company is awesome. I called the roof guys, and they gave me an estimate, a tree guy, and they had the money in our account in 2 days. They also gave me an extra 250 for paint, and replacing any bad cedar shingles on the side. It got scraped a bit. The roof guys are outside right now. So we have a pregnant lady who is about to pop, roof crew banging and stomping around on the roof, Jack being Jack, Grace being Grace, 2 crazy dogs barking at the roof guys, the 5 neighbor dogs barking at our dogs. I'll have one burbon, one scotch, and one beer pls. Raegan's mom flies in tomorrow. Poor thing does'nt know what she is stepping into.



4 comments:

Dixie & Markus said...

Wow, you got lucky then, eh? I'm glad it missed your head.That would have sucked in a big way.

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Wierd!!! When it rains it pours. What else could happen, gotta be uphill from here, sure hope it is. You just drank pop right?

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Whoa. That was close. I'm glad you got it all handled so fast. Enjoy the madness! It's about to get even crazier when Baby Holloway moves in!!! Tell Raegan to hide the Bourbon!!

The Suckows said...

big ass limb!!! all that chaos reminds me of when we were in billings and our landlord decided to send some guys to rewire the ENTIRE house...i was THREE days from my due date! so i know how raegan feels. devon knows how you feel, lol! and snert is a crackhead, so i was hobbling around trying to keep him from getting stepped on. and i really wanted some gin...