Sunday, July 20, 2008

What we've been up to

Miss Grace hard at it.


The kids have been anxiously waiting for the day we build a doghouse. So here we go. Its insulated in the floor, walls, and ceiling, for the winter. It sits in the shade for the summer.

You can see the wall that is still lacking stucco. I wanted to do that before the doghouse, but the kids couldnt wait.

Jack and Grace both were involved in every phase of construction. They hardly left the site at all. I had to make sure all nails and screws were picked up all the time, as you cant keep shoes on that boy's feet.


Mindy is very excited too.



Almost done, we painted the trim today, and while it was drying, I painted the security door on the side of the house. Ive been needing to do that for a couple months now.


I'll post the finished product tomorrow or the next day, it needs some caulk and a bit more paint. Its not square in places, its not level in some places, its definitely not a professional job, but thats not the point of it all, is it?

5 comments:

PawPaw & Grammy said...

Okay, Travis you never cease to amaze me. What a summer project to undertake and you did it with the Kids! GREAT!!! You have alot of patience and the kids will never forget and the dog house will be more important to them. It's huge, Jack and Grace will probably move in with Mindy and Lucy.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Your dogs will be livin' large! Is this a father's version of "nesting"? If so, that's a serious nest!

Travis said...

I think I may be nesting, ya. We have the bug man coming out this week to set up termite treatment system, and start spraying once a month. Too many spiders and tics. Im in a frenzy trying to catch up on projects before the baby gets here.

Dixie & Markus said...

This is awesome! What a fun family project! Can I sleep in there too w/ Jack, Grace, and doggies when we come in October?

The Suckows said...

what a spot to camp out in the backyard, lol! that's the BEST home-made dog house i've EVER seen! don't put yourself down about it!! and the kids helped you, what an awesome memory for them.